The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a model of care that puts patients at the center of their healthcare. It emphasizes building better relationships between the patient, primary care provider (PCP), and their care team; this allows the patient to communicate openly and honestly, with their care team, leading to coordinated, preventive, cost-effective, and high-quality care.
Rural Health Group strives to provide the best patient care possible by helping patients choose their PCP. The patient and the PCP work together to ensure the patient receives the necessary care, when and where they need it, in a manner they can understand. The circle of care team is comprised of your PCP and any other provider assigned to help manage the healthcare needs such as:
- Behavioral Health Counselor
- Case Manager
- Community Health Worker
- Outreach and Enrollment
Rural Health Group provides effective, comprehensive primary care based on four features:
- “I can get care when and how I need it”
- “I have a PCP (primary care provider) who knows me as a person”
- “My PCP takes care of the bulk of my health care needs”
- “My PCP coordinates all my care”
Listening to our patients is top priority. The foundation of patient-centered, high-quality care is actively listening and responding to patient needs and concerns. It is only through knowledge shared between the patient and the PCP that a long-term partnership can be built. This partnership allows the care team to determine the best course of treatment, in a healthy, safe environment.
Be a Part of the Team!
- Inform us immediately of any visits to other healthcare providers, specialists, emergency room/urgent care visits, and hospitalizations
- Bring any paperwork that you may have from other visits or sign a release of medical information so that we can receive the records
- Inform the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, and specialists that we are your primary care provider
- Bring an updated list of medications with you to your appointment
- Keep your address, phone number, and insurance information up-to-date
- Share information with your provider and care team
- Ask questions if you do not understand
- Access the Patient Portal
- Complete a Patient Satisfaction Survey after your visit
Click here or the below PCMH house to listen to video on PCMH: A Health Center Perspective (HRSA)